Advertisment

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Concealer Showdown - Hourglass Vs. Cle De Peau

Here is a photo taken during my testing phase of the concealer showdown, where I tested the Hourglass Hidden Corrective concealer in Pearl against the very pricey Cle de Peau in Ivory.  I have insert a link to my YouTube video below.

The eye on the left of the screen (my right eye) is the Hourglass.  The right of the screen (my left eye) is the Cle de Peau. 

Can you spot the difference?

To me, the Cle de Peau eye on the right looks much drier, more chalky.


Here are the prices I found for the products mentioned, but please check your local area in case the prices have changed.

Cle De Peau concealer costs USD $65 for 5g and is available for Aussies on http://strawberrynet.com/ for around AUD $85.

Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer costs USD $32 for 3.5g. Aussies can buy Hourglass in store at Mecca Cosmetica or online at http://meccacosmetica.com.au/ , and is currently priced at AUD $48.

The packaging has recently changed on the Hourglass. It looks less like a lipstick and more like a foundation stick, but I am told the formulation is the same.

Hourglass Hidden Corrective concealer currently comes in three shades, Pearl, Sand, and Warm.  I contacted the media department at Hourglass to ask about the colour selections.  The darkest shade is warm, however Hourglass says that there will be a wider range of darker shades later this year.  The darker shades will suit African American skin tones.

The Houglass Hidden Corrective concealer is on my HG list of beauty products. 

Please watch my video for the details of the testing process.


1 comments:

Bini said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I want to try the Hourglass one :)
But I literally just ordered a Bobbi Brown Corrector. So I'll see how I go with that and if that doesn't work out I might have to pay Mecca a visit very soon!

Post a Comment