Advertisment

Sunday, January 23, 2011

GUERLAIN - Jardins De Bagatelle

Guerlain says...
Introducing a sharp floral fragrance which gives you a warm, sensual lingering scent. 
Top notes: aldehydes, violet, jasmine, bergamot
Middle notes: magnolia, tuberose, gardenia, orchid, lily of the valley
Base notes: patchouli, musk, vetiver, neroli, cedar
Suitable for formal or evening wear

MsSparkleArkle review:
I just love this perfume.  I describe it as a clean sensual floral scent.  I would not agree with the 'sharp' description above. Guerlain launched this fragrance in 1983, and I recall smelling it every time I passed by their counter over many years.  The straight up and down no frills bottle is fantastic, but does reflect its 80's era.  I purchased my bottle in about March 2010 and it quickly became my signature scent, overtaking my previous beloved Fracas by Robert Piguet. 

In many reviews my new favourite is given a hard time, accused of being 'confused' and 'trying to be too many things at once' but that is what I love about it!  It opens with a distinct smell of white flowers and then settles down into a wonderful blend.  It is certainly not a scent for everyone.  If you recoil at the thought of walking past a Jasmine bush in someones garden - then pass by this perfume!

Forget wearing Jardins de Bagatelle just for formal or evening wear.  While the notes are quite strong you can definitely pull this off at work - especially if you are the boss lady!  Just to solidify this perfume amongst one of my favourites, I do not experience any post spritz sneezing, and neither do the kids.  Hooray!

Rating: 5/5
Sneezing: None