Advertisment

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Review - Burt's Bees Essential Body Kit


Recently I had a voucher from adorebeauty to use and I elected to put it towards the Burt's Bees Essential Body Kit for AUD$24.95. This kit is a collection of Burt's most popular all-natural creams, lotions and salves and is a great gift, or an excellent way for you to try out the best-sellers from Burt's. The products are not tested on animals. I had never heard of the range before, so was keen to test out all the goodies.

The kit comes in a clear plastic zippered pouch and contains:

- Citrus & Ginger Root Body Wash (29.5ml)
- Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub (15g)
- Hand Salve (8.5g)
- Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme (8.5g)
- Radiance Day Creme (7g)
- Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion (29.5ml)
- Replenishing Pomegranate Lip Balm (4.25g)
- Peppermint Foot Lotion (14ml)

I must say when I first opened my parcel I was a little disappointed at the size of the kit. Although the sizes of all items were clearly stated, I was expecting a larger sample in my mind. Note to self – read the details more carefully before ordering! The second thing I noticed was the smell. While all the goodies are locked in their bag together, the mish mosh of smells is quite strange and overpowering. As soon as I took the contents out of the bag and separated them, their own natural fragrances smell so good you could eat them.

My personal favourite from the kit so would have to be the Peppermint Foot Lotion. I was recently spotted sitting at my desk with my shoes off rubbing my feet with this delicious lotion. The refreshing peppermint smell turned heads, and my dry cracked heels were instantly transformed. I would definitely buy this product in its full size, however I believe adorebeauty currently only stocks the Coconut Foot Crème in the full size which is 123g and retails for AUD$24.95. I am sure this would work as well – but with a coconut smell in place of peppermint.

The other outstanding product is the Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion. I suffer from terribly dry and angry red looking skin on my upper arms. After a few days of using this cream, the skin was notably less red and softer to touch. The lotion is paraben free and phthalate free and is unlikely to irritate sensitive skins. The full size product is 236ml and retails for AUD$24.95.

One item I found a little disappointing (from a packaging point of view) was the Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme. While the tin was adorable and its contents smelt so good I could have spread it on my morning toast, I found trying to get the product out of the tin and onto my nail bed frustrating. I resorted to scraping the top of the crème with the back of my fingernail to grab enough to cover my nail beds properly.  I am not a fan of sticking my fingers into things, so I would love to see this packaged in a tube as an alternative - but not sure how that would work with the product texture.  I applied this balm to my dry sandpaper like elbows and my cuticles and it softened them right away.

All in all this was a great exposure to the Burt’s Bees product line. There are also baby gift sets and travel sets available for purchase and this is a perfect way to try out lots of the products before committing to the larger size.


You can check out the range at http://www.adorebeauty.com.au/adorebeauty/brand/138/Burt's+Bees/suppliers